Deco-Con general FAQs
Our Decorative Concrete Design Program is easy to learn, if you watch the training videos which we include free.
We also include free phone and online support.
This FAQ's page should answer the general questions prior to purchasing one of the Decorative Concrete Programs. If you are client looking for some tips and design short cuts check out our Client Support FAQ's.
- Windows 7, 8 and 10, including Windows Vista and XP
- 8 GB of ram (minimum)
- 10 GB free hard drive (minimum)
- Sound card and speakers
- High color video card set to a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768
- A good mouse and pad or Graphic Tablet
- Good internet to download the program, if this an issue please let the office know.
- We find this is the easiest and most used by Mac users.
Purchase Parallels and Windows, then install Deco-Con on the Windows side of your Mac.
- BOOTCAMP is another option but we do have to mention most customers go with Parallels and Windows.
The Deco-Con Decorative Concrete Software Program is a Windows-based program, but it can run just fine on a Mac with some additional software. Despite Mac's recent gains in market share, Windows is still the dominant operating system, especially in businesses. That means there may be times when you need to run the Microsoft OS: perhaps there's an application your company uses that's only available for Windows, like Deco-con. Whatever your reason for running Windows, there are several ways your Mac can do it for you.
Design on a small touch screen may be harder on your eyes, But you can always plug it into a more significant Monitor.
For Apple iPads users:
Did you know the iPad won't run Windows or Mac software? They don't have a full Windows or Mac operating system.
Option 1: You may consider purchasing a Windows PC laptop /Tablet combination; it is the best of both worlds. A small windows computer with a touch screen that can fold back into a tablet. It is a workhorse with a keyboard for work and then flips back for presentations like a Tablet. And they cost less than an iPad most of the time.
OPTION 2: A virtualization with remote access setup is your best choice (Remote Desktop). It's in the (iTunes) app store FREE. READ THIS! It lets you work with whatever programs you have on your Windows computer directly on your iPad. Designs, edits, and changes get saved to your computer. Con: Must have an internet connection, and it is slower than using Decorative Concrete Software direct.
OPTION 3: There is also TeamViewer which is also free for personal use, which lets you remote into your desktop. Con: Must have an internet connection, and it is slower than using Decorative Concrete Software direct.
**Saving your final image as a .JPG and emailing or sending it to your iPad allows you to show the client!
- The first Deco-Con purchase is authorized to One User for 2 Computers. The authorized User also receives Free Phone and Online Support.
- If you need a 3rd license or 3rd computer, it is only $100 for the same User.
- Once every two years, we deem it reasonable for a new computer and replace one of the original licenses.
- Note: We offer a 50% discount for the 2nd and 3rd Users in the same company.
We consider that a 2nd User in the company! We have considered this and discounted the additional user by 50%. Each user can put it on two computers. Please Call Michele at 817-764-0413 to add other users to the same company.
- The Deco-Con program is extensive but downloadable. After purchase, check your email for detailed instructions.
- Before registering Deco-Con, you will need to change the User Account Control (UAC) on your computer so that you are "Administrator" of your computer. (Microsoft default setting keeps them in charge of your computer, not you.) The Register page will have step by step instructions.
- We offer FREE Phone and Online Support - Use our Support Ticket here!
- BEFORE CONTACTING US PLEASE: Watch all the training movies within the program. We also have the Training Movies Online for Imaging Here, so if you wanted to work in your program and open another computer and watch the training movies, that is possible.
- Review the Support FAQ's Page before calling.
- We guarantee Deco-Con Imaging to run on all Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
- Because Deco-Con also contains over 25 years of seamless textures that can be copied and used in other programs, we do not expect returns.
- We guarantee the program works as shown on the demo videos on our website. There are no written instructions, but over 50 plus training movies teaching every command tool and eight tutorials that teach you the process of creating a basic image.
- If you do not watch the movies do not expect to know how to use the program. View the Deco-Con Imaging Tutorials Here before you purchase.
- You can also book a live online demonstration with the programmer and he is also the voice behind the video's.